References of scientific papers can be found here.
My group and students
- Current postdocs: Dr Ovokeraye Oduaran, Dr Houcemeddine Othman
- Current Postgrad students:
- Andrew Ndhlovu, Department of Molecular Medicine and Haematology (PhD topic: Comparative metagenomics of a harmful algal
bloom), Cosupervised with Pierre Durand.
- Azra Siddiqui, School of Electrical & Information Engineering (PhD topic: Genome graphs)
- Phelelani Mpangase, Division of Human Genetics, (PhD topic: Bioinformatic analyses of transcriptome
and genetic variation in black South Africans with systemic sclerosis),
Cosupervised with Michele Ramsay.
- Joshua Selvan, School of Electrical & Information Engineering
(MSc topic: GPU-based algorithms for PDB structure searching),
- Kamalan Govender, School of Electrical & Information Engineering
(MSc topic: A Quantitative Evaluation of a Hadoop based Automated
Fingerprint Identification System against a Relational Database
Architecture), cosupervised by Dr Stephen Levitt.
- Nechama Brodie. Wits Journalism/WISER. (PhD topic: Using mixed-method approaches to provide new insight into media coverage of femicide), cosupervised with Shireen Hassim.
- Jorge da Rocha. Division of Human Genetics. (PhD topic: Characterisation of key ADME gene variants in African populations through functional annotation and structural bioinformatics approache), Cosupervised with Michele Ramsay and and Houcemeddine Othman.
- Laura Cottino, Division of Human Genetics. (MSc topic: A systematic assessment of the Copy Number Variation (CNV) landscape in ADME genes in Sub-Saharan African populations), cosupervised with Dr Venesa Sahibdeen.
- David Twesigomwe, Division of Human Genetics. (MSc topic: Characterisation of CYP2D6 pharmacogenomic variation in African populations: an integrative bioinformatics approach), cosupervised with Professor Zane Lombard
- Paul Leroy, School of Electrical and Information En
|Those in the group not too shy to be photographed|
Dr Ovokeraye Oduaran
Dr Houcemeddine Othman
Jorge da Rocha
Wits ADME collaboration
Past MSc Students: Craig Faasen, Vashti Galpin, Philip Green,
Shane Morton, Gloria Aikhorin, Ndellie
Mwanangulu-Massey, Raymond Sinnappan, Adi
Attar, Robin Phillips, Pravesh Ranchod, Seare Araya, Benjamin
Kumwenda, Dane Kennedy, Charl van Deventer, Simeon Miteff, Edward
Steer, Delia Kench
Past honours students and fourth-year projects: students: Gavin Sinai, Keitu
Motlhaga, Michael Berry, Jin Wang, Nitesh
Vallabh, Rogers Sithole, Kirsten Leong, Marko Divac, Anton
Fatti, Andrew Henwood, Saul Tombuk, Christian Gotschi, George
Christelis, Josh Adler, Mpiti Matsoso, Charmaine Venter, John
Deneys, Asher Lipson, Moshe Waisberg, Sefako Tholo, Sibongile Eland, Burcak
Birinci, Greg Kempe, Sascha Mohr, Sam Hutchinson, Opeyemi
Ono, Yatin Narsai, Anastasia Soseilos, Craig Sizer, Tal Even-Tov, Jarryd Chengalroyen, Stuart
Venter, Victor Neiman, Louis du Plessis, Yestin Johnson, Yair Mark,
Melissa Wu, Sonali Parboo, Kershia Perumal, Mokgadi Rasekgala,
Lazarus Baloyi, Mcebisi Mdlozini, Jan-Willem Steeb, Catherine Pavard, Sasha
Naidoo, Rob Clucas, Tapiwa Chimana, Noel Moyo, James Allingham, Paul Cresswell, Tyron Amoretti,
Matthew Bezuidenhout, Joseph Gage, Julian Zeegers, Gary Bezuidenhout,
Evan Rubin, Kashann Wright, David Golach, Ross Pearse, Tshembani Mbuyi.
Some interesting links
- Some scripts for helping use the eigenstrat, admixture, CLUMPP and distruct tools.
- Our Genesis
tool for displaying PCA and admixture charts.
- You can download wcd
EST Clustering system. This is an open source software package for clustering
expressed sequence tags. This tool is free for download. The latest
version is here.
- The ESTSim package, a package for generating simulated ESTs, has been
moved and can be found here here.
- The Voss System is a hardware verification system including an
efficient implementation of BDDs, a lazy functional language and
an accurate simulator.
- The Voss manual: Carl Seger. Voss --- A Formal Hardware
Verification System User's Guide,
Technical Report 93-45, Department of Computer Science,
University of British Columbia,
Available by anonymous
- Some introductory
tutorial (a gzipped, tarred directory including some PostScript
files and some programs)
Varsity Kudus Running Club
Lenn Smith race
Very out of date: